Portable audio recording
MultiTrack DAW is a powerful audio recorder and audio editor for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It provides up to 24 stereo tracks of better than CD quality audio, and the ability to playback all of those tracks, while recording up to 16 tracks simultaneously. MultiTrack also provides a suite of editing tools at your fingertips.
Previously only available to professionals with deep pockets or lots of studio space, MultiTrack DAW goes way beyond what you thought was possible in a portable recording application.
A massive number of tracks
An incredible 24 stereo tracks at the same time, each with up to 24 bit 96 kHz sound*
Use the Wi-Fi interface to easily transfer individual tracks or final mixes to and from your computer. Or use iTunes File Sharing for mixdowns and to import audio. Also available is 'Open in' and Copy/Paste from other apps.
Fully rendered waveforms
Zoom into a waveform, to really see what's happening in a sound. The waveform rendering uses background processes, so never slows down the UI.
Easy to use
Forget those other over-priced, over-complex, resource hungry daw's on the app store. The power and simplicity of MultiTrack DAW will help keep you in the creative zone.
* 24/88 or 24/96 formats require a USB audio interface
May 23, 2017 More microphones added to the compatible Microphones and Interfaces page.
- Up to 24 stereo or mono tracks
- Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins
- Fader, pan, mute and solo for each track
- Record up to 16 tracks at the same time with supported hardware
- Per Track EQ and Compressor
- Bus FX include a sweet Reverb and flexible Delay
- Mastering Section includes EQ and Compressor
- Inter-App Audio support for using other audio apps as effects, generators, and instruments
- Track Freeze - for reducing CPU
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- Loop recording - with continuous overwriting, then undo.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, with background launching and state saving
- Copy and Paste to and from other apps
- "Open In..." to and from other apps
- Undo and Redo with 30 levels
- Metronome - from 40 to 240 bpm
- Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
- Bin Browser previews raw audio files
- Bounce by copying multiple regions and pasting
- Ruler - shows where you are in the song, displays Bars/Beats or Seconds.
- Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines (change the zoom to snap to any subdivision)
- New Hotbox control for fast workflow
- Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
- Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points
- Input and Output faders
- 32 bit floating point precision
- Hand optimized in assembly for ARM NEON for best possible performance
- Multi-touch pinch/zoom support
- VU meters for each track (fast reacting, low latency)
- Selectable input monitoring
- User selectable buffer size, with latency compensation for perfectly synced recordings
- Animated popup controls
- In-app help always grabs the latest help file from web
- iPad native support plus iPad USB audio
- Opens email attachments and audio files on web pages directly
- SoundCloud upload support
- iTunes File Sharing
- iPod Library import
- Wav, Ogg, and AAC compression for export of audio files