Portable audio recording
MultiTrack DAW is a powerful audio recorder and audio editor for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It provides up to 24 stereo tracks of better than CD quality audio, and the ability to playback all of those tracks, while recording 2 tracks simultaneously on iPod or iPhone, and up to 8 tracks simultaneously on iPad. MultiTrack also provides a suite of editing tools at your fingertips.
Previously only available to professionals with deep pockets or lots of studio space, MultiTrack DAW goes way beyond what you thought was possible in a portable recording application.
A massive number of tracks
An incredible 24 stereo tracks at the same time, each with up to 24 bit 96 kHz sound*
Use the Wi-Fi interface to easily transfer individual tracks or final mixes to and from your computer. Or use iTunes File Sharing for mixdowns and to import audio.
Fully rendered waveforms
Zoom into a waveform, to really see what's happening in a sound.
Easy to use
The simplicity of MultiTrack will help keep you in the creative zone.
* USB audio interface required for iPad, for 24/88 or 24/96
June 26, 2013 More microphones added to the compatible Microphones and Interfaces page.
- Stereo Recording - up to 24 stereo or mono tracks
- Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins
- Fader, pan, mute and solo for each track
- Record up to 8 tracks at the same time on iPad with supported hardware (requires iOS5)
- Per Track EQ and Compressor
- Bus FX include a sweet Reverb and flexible Delay
- Mastering Section includes EQ and Compressor
- Undo and Redo with 30 levels of undo
- Copy and Paste to and from other apps
- "Open In..." to and from other apps
- Metronome - from 40 to 240 bpm
- Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- New Bin Browser previews raw audio files
- Bounce by copying multiple regions and pasting
- Ruler - shows where you are in the song, displays Bars/Beats or Seconds.
- Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines (change the zoom to snap to any subdivision)
- New Hotbox control for fast workflow
- Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
- Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points
- Speaker/Receiver output selection switch (iPhone only)
- Input and Output faders
- 32 bit floating point precision
- Hand optimized in assembly for ARM NEON (3GS or later)
- Multi-touch pinch/zoom support
- VU meters for each track (fast reacting, low latency)
- Selectable input monitoring
- User selectable buffer size, with latency compensation for perfectly synced recordings
- Animated popup controls
- In-app help always grabs the latest help file from web
- iPad native support plus iPad USB audio
- Opens email attachments and audio files on web pages directly
- SoundCloud upload support
- iTunes File Sharing
- iPod Library import
- Wav, Ogg, and AAC compression for export of audio files